Saturday, November 08, 2008



I went out for a walk yesterday, deciding I'd keep to the shelter belts to stay out of the wind. When I got there, I realized just how FULL of snow the trees were! So I walked back home to get my snowshoes. The first snowshoeing of the year!

The snow was like sand dunes piled high and hard...or something like frozen waves to surf. I had to really watch my step because one minute I'd be on top and the next minute my foot would step off a cliff of snow. I dropped a couple of times before I quit gawking around and paid a little more attention to my steps, thankful no one was watching me.



You'll notice in this picture how the snow drifts went over the fence, but the pasture right next to it in the background, is swept bare. Our winds were so high when the snow came (sometimes at 60 mph) that the high ground and the flat prairies were bared. It's hard to say how much snow actually fell. Notice how bluey-gray everything is.



Snowshoes strapped on.
My legs are sore this morning. Snowshoeing is something like marching. I love it.

3 comments:

  1. Jody, I've been enjoying all your snow pictures. Your landscape is vast-looking and beautiful in all seasons. Believe it or not, I can relate to 25 with high winds, but not at this time of year.

    Stay warm by your lovely stove!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures! Snowshoeing is a great way to enjoy nature.

    Cuddle up with some hot cocoa. It sounds like that kind of day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you snowy pics! I've never seen much real snow, so your pics have really blown me away. I had to giggle at myself though ... I thought your Herefords were sheep, because of the way the snow was clumped up on them. I had to scroll back up for a second look! Hunker down and stay warm ...

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping in. Sorry, but due to spam, only registered users can comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...