Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Fantans....



I burnt the first batch of fantan rolls. For the second batch, I raised the rack up another notch and turned down the heat. I usually bake dinner rolls at 400 degrees, but not this time. I think the fact that they have butter between the layers makes them more susceptible to burning. I love how these rolls peel apart in layers. I just used my sweet roll dough for the recipe.

To make the fantan just roll out a generous chunk of dough (a loaf's worth) into a rectangle approximately 1/8" thickness on a floured surface. Pour on some melted butter and smooth it over all. Next, take a pizza cutter and cut strips about 1 1/2 to 2 " wide. Now layer 6 to 8 strips on top of each other. Then cut them with a knife about 2" wide. Lay them in greased muffin tins so they fan out at the top. (not a perfect science) Raise to double in size. I baked these in a 350 degree oven on the middle rack for about 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. These are good with or without butter! Mmmmmmm.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I want some Fantans! Sweet roll dough? MMMMM...how bought after Thanksgiving you share your sweetroll recipe??;) Thanks.
    Debbie(who's whole family could live on warm rolls and butter)

    ReplyDelete
  2. those look wonderful...we love homemade breads. i'll have to try that baking method.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping in. Sorry, but due to spam, only registered users can comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...