Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Diaper bag-tote...

A dear friend just had her 4th baby girl, and I wanted to do something nice for her so as I walked into The Bakery (my hometown fabric store) I asked Annie what my friend would like or need the most.  Immediately she knew and said, "A diaper bag!  And here's the fabric she likes."  This is what I love about hometown shopping.  Everybody knows everybody and the shop owners are so on-the-ball and willing to help.

My friend had chosen the red outer fabric for a diaper bag and so Annie and I chose this denim blue print for the lining.  I found a freebie pattern for a roomy, hip-mama diaper bag HERE at Sew Much Ado.  The tutorial was quite simple to follow and I think it made a terrific bag.  The finished dimensions came out to 18"wide by 12" high by 8" deep.  There are lots of pockets inside and I added a denim pocket on the outside and a key ring on the inside so she could snap her keys on it.  I hate fumbling for keys in a big bag.

I made a pin-on flower for the bag and found another simple tutorial for it  HERE at Sew Ritzy Titzy.

I plan to fill the pockets with little diaper bag necessities like wipes, butt paste, diapers, mommy snacks, and a paci.  I'm going to the workshop to make a changing pad similar to this dish mat to slip into the bag too.  Fun!

9 comments:

  1. Okay, that is so cute! I love the pin on flower, too.

    So thoughtful of you. Chatting with a few friends, by the time you've had your fourth, sometimes folks just don't make such a fuss, but your heart is still beaming to hold a new bundle of joy! I am sure she'll appreciate having something new and cute.

    The fabric is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice and it looks perfect. Just curious, butt paste? What is that. :)
    I love the flower you made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a thoughtful, beautiful gift! It will mean so much more since you made it just for her :) We had friends in Iowa who used Desitin on their lips in winter to prevent chapping. It really works!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Farm Girl,
    Butt paste is similar to Desitin. New stuff.

    MK,
    I've not heard of putting Desitin on your lips, but hey....whatever works.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is super cute! I like the fabric you made the flower out of. Smile! What a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. G'day. That bag is just so good. I love the colour and the flower you made is beautiful. What a lovely gift.Take care. Liz...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very clever Ms. Gumbo -- it's adorable. I'm sure the mom will be thrilled! And your comments are always full of info -- who knew you could put desitin on your lips???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where were you when I had MY babies. I think I should have a new criteria for friends... ;) I love it!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping in. Sorry, but due to spam, only registered users can comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...