Sunday, January 23, 2011

Nachos and snowshoeing....

I LOVE nachos!  Do you think I'll find me some good nachos in Arizona?  I hope so.
The comida del día (meal of the day) was homemade nachos made with home-baked corn tortilla chips.  After the proper amount of rest required before exercising, I took my first-of-the-year snowshoe walk.  It was the perfect afternoon for it too.  Sunny, warm, light breeze, and 34 degrees.  The snow in many places was still quite powdery which made me sink in more, but generally, it was good shoeing. 

 
It's either Big Foot or the Gumbo Lily out traipsing in the snow!

It's a snowshoe-er for sure!
Why I didn't wear my wool pants for this excursion, I don't know.  My jeans were soaked through in back from the snow flipping up from behind and sticking to my pants.  
(Note to self, always wear woollies, even if it's warm)
I should be able to make one more walk tomorrow before we fly off to the land of Sun and Cactus. 

 
Saguaro from AZ 2008

¡Adios Amigos!

11 comments:

  1. Wow - that picture made me HUNGRY, and I just ate supper :) Have safe, happy travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun -- I'd love to go snowshoeing! I hope you have a wonderful trip to AZ -- I sure hope it's warm for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a question about the cattle and sheep in yesterday's post: how do you keep fresh water for them? We have ponds that get a thin layer of ice and have lost two baby calves this month with them falling through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lil Red Hen,
    We used to cut ice every day on the stock dams, but no more. We have water tanks that remain flowing all winter. The ones for the cows are those gigantic tire tanks. We pipe the water from a well to them.

    It's awful to lose a cow or calf through the ice.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a good trip, and enjoy the warm weather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love snowshoeing! The weather has warmed up some, so I am now able to get out in the snow. Yippee.

    Enjoy your trip, soak up some sunshine for me!

    Love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had nachos on sunday. Yum. I love a little quac on mine. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hopped over from Sharon's *Merry Heart Friends* to discover your blog. It's lovely to *meet* you! I especially *love* your snow photos...the one of the trail you made is wonderful...soooo pretty!

    And yes, Nachos are yummy!! :)

    Many blessings,
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope Arizona holds all the nachos you can eat! Ah, nachos ...

    xofrances

    ReplyDelete
  10. I miss you! Are you back yet?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I thought it was cold here in England, but now I realise that maybe it's not that clod here after all!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping in. Sorry, but due to spam, only registered users can comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...