Thursday, January 12, 2012

BBQ sliders.....

I found a dandy recipe over at Pioneer Woman Cooks.  Hers are Whiskey BBQ Sliders, but mine are just plain ol' BBQ Sliders (without the party!).  You MUST make these for every burger-loving man, woman, and child in your life.  They will think you are the bee's knees!  (You are!)  I thew in some oven fries alongside the burgers and I'll just say.....it was better than eating out!

I learned a little trick to crispier oven fries -- you want to pre-cook your spuds.  I baked mine in the microwave until they were al dente -- firm, not mushy.  Let them cool down, then slice into wedges.  Drizzle a little olive oil over them, and season the way you like 'em, and bake at 425* until crispy (around 20-30 min).

Enjoy!

10 comments:

  1. My daughter fixed those and thought they were so yummy. They looks so good. So do the fries.
    It will be something I need to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look yummy! Went to her site and printed off the recipe...looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, that looks good! Got to try this as soon as I lose 5 lbs. ;).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the oven fries tip - mine are good but mushy - hoping I can get crispy effect! And they're on my diet plan :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks very satisfying, especially with the fries!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look delish! Honestly though, do you think I could enjoy these without the jalapenos? I've become an occasional Maalox Mama and those peppers would send me there, I think.

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  7. Plain Ol'....I've made the burgers with and without the jalapenos. It's good, good, good either way!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the tip about crispy fries!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! This looks scrum-dilly-ump-tious! I will be craving this until I get it. I like the tip on the fries. Yum! (Have you had chipotle ketchup? Ohhhhhhh.....soooooooooo goooooood, especially with a thick burger and fries. Oh, and goat cheese. Have you put that on a burger? It is a new-to-me thing to do and it is to die for!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. One word: YUM!!

    Blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping in. Sorry, but due to spam, only registered users can comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...