Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Redneck windbreak...



You'll recall seeing the picture of my son blowing snow away from his home . Well, a day or so after that, he took that loosened snow and pushed up a windbreak around his house and his driveway to catch the snow. It looks a bit like a moat or a fortress wall to me, but I know that the west wind will crash against it and the snow will be drifted a bit further away from their house than before. There is a young shelter belt of trees lying dormant under the snow just to the back of the windbreak. One day, they'll do the job of stopping the prairie winds and sheltering this Little House, but for now, it's a redneck windbreak.

5 comments:

  1. I love your pictures! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it (and all the other pictures, too)! I'm thinking primarily that your windbreak would make a mean snowball fort, but I suppose it's way too cold to be out there just for fun?

    And I'm glad to know there are rednecks in cold weather states, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dee from Tennessee

    Not sure if I have ever commented, but just a note to say that I just love your blog. The photos and the information.....I've learned so much. Even got my hubby to read the Jan.4 post.

    Thanks for a great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, thank you for your kind comments. I'm mostly a point and click photographer, but determined to get better.

    Storybook Woods, yes, repurposing is what it's all about these days -- even for snow.

    Laura, you can bet that when my kids were younger, they would've been having snowball fights right there. Hubby used to always push up snow with the tractor and they'd make forts, sledding hills, and tunnels.

    Dee from Tennessee, I'm glad you're enjoying my blogs. It's fun to see your name here and know you are reading!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  5. got to call it a blue neck wind break,looks like a frozen shoulder

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping in. Sorry, but due to spam, only registered users can comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...