Thursday, January 15, 2009

I love you, coffee...



In the Yahoo News today, I read this:
Drinking coffee reduces risk of Alzheimer's: study

"Middle-aged people who drank between three and five cups of coffee a day lowered their risk of developing dementia and Alzheimer's disease by between 60 and 65 percent later in life," said lead researcher on the project, Miia Kivipelto, a professor at the University of Kuopio in Finland and at the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm.

I just knew that something so delicious, so comforting, so hot, so roasty-rich, and so invigorating couldn't be anything but good for me. And those coffee-drinking Scandinavians proved it right. So, here's to my morning and afternoon cuppa!
I love you coffee!

11 comments:

  1. Well now that is an encouraging study :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo hoo!

    I'm raising my mug to this study!

    Happy Friday Jody.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well finally something that I adore is good for me!

    ~M~

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your mug!
    love the cloth it sits on and...
    Three Cheers for coffee!
    Joanne, who also loves your kitchen window with the three-tiered basket!
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well we never know about coffee! One day it's good for ya, the next it's not. But I will have to tell this to Matt since he thinks I drink too much java! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the relief of coffee drinking guilt, Jody!

    And I love your hanging baskets... we just re-hung one of those in our kitchen and are keeping potatoes in it. Only problem is it hangs over a heater, so the potatoes are sprouting too quickly.
    :-/

    Kim :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I try to take everything that will help prevent Alzheimer's. This will be an easy one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amen to this one....who is drinking a cuppa right now before heading to our evening service..our Pastor is starting on series on Proverbs, know I am going to love it.
    Deby

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love coffee! I am very spoiled by a sweet husband who loves to roast his own:)

    Can you please tell me where you got your mug? It is adorable and my husband loves Herefords.

    Thanks, Sharon D.
    zokiemichael(at)sisna(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read about this study too, and I was so glad. At last...something I like is good for me! LOL! 'Course, I like mine with cream and sugar, and as do most folks from the countries you've mentioned, if our Nordic community is any indication.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Didn't work for my mom or my grandmother. Both were/are coffee drinkers. I think it is genetic, and that is pretty scary.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping in. Sorry, but due to spam, only registered users can comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...