Friday, July 22, 2011

Frozen Lemonade Pie...

Photo courtesy of The Neely's at Food Network
My recipe came from Abby in Arkansas

Just in time for these Dog Days of Summer...
This week I made one of our most favorite summertime treats -- Frozen Lemonade Pie.  It's chock full of sugar, but hey, it's a treat after all!  It's easy-to-make but looks like you fussed.  A refreshing dessert.   I hope you enjoy it.

Frozen Lemonade Pie
Graham Cracker Crust
2 c. graham cracker crumbs
2 T. sugar
7 T. butter, melted
Combine and press into greased pie plate. (I do not bake it)
You could also use a pre-made Keebler crust from the store.

Lemonade Filling
1 6 oz. frozen can of lemonade (keep frozen)
1 large Cool Whip
1 can sweetened condensed milk.
Fold ingredients gently together and pour into crust.  Do not allow ingredients to get soupy.  I sometimes slice lemons very thin with a mandolin and make lemon twists to lay on top for garnish.  You could also use candied lemon for garnish.
Freeze overnight. 

7 comments:

  1. Hi Jody-friend! Yummy! I do love lemonade and this pie has such simple ingredients! I love your attitude about food. You don't fuss, you just work hard and enjoy your treats. Very few people have such a sensible stance. YOU are the BEST and I'm so glad you are my friend! (for many reasons!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that does look refreshing! Hope you are finding lots of ways to stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm giving this recipe to Jack! I love lemonade and all things lemon. And this pie is lovely, to boot.

    xofrances

    ReplyDelete
  4. It couldn't get any simpler, and so impressive, and I LOVE lemon, especially in the summer... Win, win, Win, win, win!!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from No Spring Chicken...of I know this recipe well, one of my grandmother's favorite...just seeing it took me back to her kitchen..thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to make this. I love Key Lime pie and this sounds just as good!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping in. Sorry, but due to spam, only registered users can comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...