Vanity before my refinishing project
After stain and finish.
Vanities redone in red oak stain finish. I basically finished them right over their current finish using this process. It saved me lots of time and effort and I really love the results.
I added an antique looking clock and hooks for towels
I'm really happy with my upstairs bathroom make-over. The color on the wall is a soft brown called "Meadowlark" in Valspar paint. I changed out the lighting too. We have no natural light in this bathroom so I couldn't take a picture of the lights and make it look right. I ordered these from Amazon. Here's the pic from the site.
My goal in this project was to repurpose as much as I could and make it an inexpensive make-over. The flooring was brand new and the most expensive part of the make-over, but we really needed new floors. The light fixtures were new, but I thought I got a pretty nice buy on them. I used a small can of stain for the woodwork and finished off a can of my DIL's polyurathane. I bought a can of paint for the walls, a can of spray paint for the knobs on the vanity doors, a $10 wall clock, $24 coat hook rack for towels and I bought 5x7" art cards by a local artist for $2 each and framed them for as wall art in the bathroom.
I have one more bathroom to re-do, but it will have to wait until spring when I can be less distracted by lambing and calving. My daughter thinks I ought to re-do all the kitchen cabinets now in the same red oak stain finish that I did in the bathrooms. The size of that job intimidates me, but I know I'd love the look.