Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Spiderwebs and Stars, a quilt




A couple of Littles helped me show off the latest baby quilt I finished for our 10 month old granddaughter.  I joked around that I hoped I would complete it before her first birthday and I made it!  This was a string quilt called Spider Web made from bits and pieces from my scrap bag.  I got the pattern idea here  where there's a pretty good tutorial. Each scrap of fabric holds a tiny memory from all of us -- old shirts, handmade skirts and dresses, blankets and aprons. There are so many fun prints in this quilt that it could be considered an "I Spy Quilt" too.  I hope she enjoys many hours with it --  making it into a super hero cape or a tent or just a cuddly place to nap.  God bless you little Hunny Bunny.

10 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous, Jody! And to think you made that "all in secret," without mentioning all the hours you must have spent accomplishing this beautiful gift. A family heirloom for sure, it goes without saying. I wish I were better at gushing... <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Little Hunny Bunny is blessed indeed! What a gorgeous quilt, Jody!
    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is fabulous! The little one is lucky to be wrapped in so much love and memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lot of work (and love)went into your pretty little quilt. Hunny Bunny is a very lucky little one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like an intense bunch of quilting! So beautiful! And all the little scraps of memories. What a treasure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what fun to have all those fabrics in it. It looks great. Congrats on finishing before her first birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet quilt Jody -- it's perfect! I love that you used some scraps that have meaning in your quilt. You're way ahead of me -- I'm hoping to get my baby quilt done by the second birthday LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did I miss this? Oh Yeah, I was with my grand-schnoogims! Jody, I love all that color and even how you added it in the border. What a treasure for Lil' Miss C!

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a beautiful quilt made up from pieces of material that hold many memories of their original use. Your granddaughter will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a treasure you've created for your granddaughter! It is beautiful.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping in. Sorry, but due to spam, only registered users can comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...