Saturday, November 14, 2015

Keeping Christmas simple...

Brita as Iduna.                          Christmas Morning
Art by Carl Larsson


Dear Friends,
I know it's not Christmas yet, but if you're like me, you are already hunting for those special little things that you want to give to your loved ones.  Things that tell them they are loved and special.  Sometimes it's hard to find just the perfect gift and sometimes the big holiday can't be attended by every family member.  What do you do?  Well, tonight I found this little love letter from a mother to her daughters (and son), and it meant so much to me and said pretty much what I feel in my heart, so I wanted to share it with you too because maybe you feel this way, and you wish your children could know it.  I passed it on to my grown-up kids.  They were glad, I think.

Dear Daughters (On Keeping Christmas Simple)

Be blessed,
Jody

8 comments:

  1. Jody, that link seems to just take me to the Christmas Morning painting, and not to a letter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me know. The link is fixed.

      Delete
  2. We just had the discussion on keeping it simple this year. Timely post...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very timely post, as the Christmas commercials show up on the TV and the wreaths are already hanging at my local grocery store ...

    xofrances

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the beautiful pictures, especially "Christmas Morning"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was perfect. Thanks for sharing the link Jody!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely letter, Jody. For myself, I've yet to learn to keep anything simple, always go crazy with the details :-)
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping in. Sorry, but due to spam, only registered users can comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...