Thursday, January 03, 2008

He's home......



Even though our son, "J" is only 2 hours away from home attending the vo-tech, we hardly ever see him. He goes to school from 8:00 til 3:00 and then goes to work from 5 until 10, then goes to his apartment, eats, calls his girlfriend, and goes to bed and does it all over again the next day. His "Christmas Vacation" has been filled with working, visiting friends, snowboarding, seeing his girlfriend, and coming home on and off in between. This past four days......he's been home! He even cancelled a road trip to see a friend. Why? He wants to be home -- with us. Yay! I'm enjoying him so much. He's been playing the guitars....... Keith Urban, Howie Day, Fall Out Boy, Jack Johnson and guitar licks from Sweet Home Alabama.

I'm feeding him.....make that......STufFing him with as much good food as I can...... bacon and eggs, pancakes, BBQ'd pork ribs, burgers and fries, potato soup and biscuits, beef Lo Mein, and tonight there is bread dough rising on the counter for morning cinnamon rolls. He tells me that he doesn't really know how he survives with no one to cook for him, but somehow........he does. I say he's thin, he says he's not. I'll continue to stuff him for as long as I can and then I'll send back a big box full of food for his frig and freezer.

It's good when the kids come home.......
and stay awhile
and play guitar
and eat my food
and play guitar some more.
It's a Happy New Year!

6 comments:

  1. Now I am hungry after reading that delicious list. It sounds like you are having a wonderful new year. ~Leslie

    PS....I am waiting to hear a clue to what the gizmos down below are. I was thinking maybe they were a chicken torture device. You put them around the leg of the bird and everytime you get mad at it you tighten it up a bit? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to have him home. I always love it when my own come home and I can play mom again. I miss them so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what is wonderful is his desire to be with you. I would love to here him play his guitar, my husband played years ago and let go of it when life got to busy.
    Happiest of new years to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww Jody..I agree so much about having your boy home. I haved so enjoyed having "G" home. He leaves tonight back to school. I am trying to plump him up too! He is a groomsman in a wedding,busy,busy. But he stays up late with "Cam",playing the guitar and drums, along with video games.
    I have enjoyed hearing them both chat late at night while I am in my room. I miss that! :)

    So glad you are enjoy your boy too!It is such a blessing! You are a great momma! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been enjoying having my son home more too, so I'm reveling along with you. It's a wonderful feeling when they choose to spend time with us, isn't it? I will always miss the little boy that he was, but it's very cool to have such a wonderful adult to be friends with too.

    P.S. Can I come to your house for dinner? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i know! my baby is home from college - it is so wonderful to have her music back in the house. who thought i would ever miss all that guitar wailing? we even bought her a steel ukulele for christmas - plinky plinky plinky all afternoon (she sleeps all morning and goes out every night). winter break will be over all too soon, eh?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping in. Sorry, but due to spam, only registered users can comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...