Sunday, July 17, 2016

Cranes, cows, calves, bulls, and sage grouse...


 JLynn and the grandies and I went to check cows this morning.
As we drove up to the gate, we saw three Sandhill Cranes.  Two large and one small one, perhaps a baby.  The kids had their binoculars and I had the big camera to zoom in!

 These are the cows and bulls that we went to check on.
If you click on the pic, you'll see the horned bull.

 Cows, calves and another bull.




 Hello Big Fella!

As I was yakking on the phone this afternoon with OnlyDaughter, a Sage Grouse came walking through the front yard.  I snapped this photo through the window.  Isn't she lovely?

“Ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds of the air, and they will tell you; or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, or let the fish of the sea inform you. Which of these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this? In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind.” (Job 12:7-10)

14 comments:

  1. Wonderful shots of the animals. That Sage Grouse is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such amazing opportunities to see wildlife! You cow photos remind me of the riddle we lived to ask our rancher uncle when we were little: If Baby Bull falls down and skins his knee, does he go crying to Mama Bull or Papa Bull???

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely shots you took!!! I love looking at your pictures. I know its hot, but it makes me want to jump on a horse and go explore that place.
    It looks like heaven to me. I have always wanted to live in a place like that. Its just beautiful Jody.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter has sandhill cranes that visit her place. They are impressive birds! Beautiful cattle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these photos. I never registered that the crane was such an elegant, graceful bird.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you seen the cranes every year? Do they make your heart beat fast?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we do. It's a thrill to see them every year.

      Delete
  7. What great shots! I would love to see the cranes. There is always grace in those big bulls isn't there? It is great to live among such beauty. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What wonderful shots. Love the closeup of the bull!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful shots. Love the closeup of the bull!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that verse from Job. We should consider more often how we can learn from nature, from the animals. We're often so haughty in being human that we forget how much we can be taught. Your cows and bulls are quite impressive and beautiful! But when I see those photos, what i think is, "Ah!!! Not a tree in sight!!" I would go crazy :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping in. Sorry, but due to spam, only registered users can comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...