Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Everyday nature...

 
Whitetail buck
Great Horned Owl

This time out I took the big camera with me and was able to capture a few more photos of the owl as well as a nice one of a whitetail buck.  Even though I see these animals and birds often while I'm walking, it still gives my heart a thrill to see them up-close or even far in the distance.  The sounds of the trees creaking in the wind, the scuffle of the jackrabbits out of their burrows, the brisk chill of a fall day, the silent flight of the owl, draw me close to the Creator of it all.

One of my granddaughters is very excited about all things nature.  When we are together she wants to look through the bird field guides with me and show me her nature drawings.  
She tells me, "Gram, there are so many, many things to learn about, aren't there?" 

Be still my heart,
someone who loves nature like I do!
(and she's my neighbor)

...............................................

What is the good of your stars and trees,
 your sunrise and the wind, 
if they do not enter into our daily lives? 
 ~E.M. Forster

4 comments:

  1. That buck looks as though he is the star of a movie; surely at the least he is posing for you, his friend and fellow creature in the territory. Be still MY heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The owl is majestic! I'm glad you had your camera. Happy Thanksgiving, Jody!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking about that quote...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Jody -- your pictures are beautiful! I love that you got a great shot of the owl!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping in. Sorry, but due to spam, only registered users can comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...