Sunday, December 02, 2012

Rejoice! Emmanuel shall come to thee...

One of my favorite parts of Christmas is setting up the creche.  
This year it sits on a log underneath the Christmas tree.
Our creche is very small -- just 2.75" tall, but the details are large.
See the faces of the determined ones who say,
"Let us go straight to Bethlehem then, 
and see this thing that has happened which the Lord has made known to us."
(Luke 2:15)
 Young and old seek Him....

...so do the wise, the rich, and the poor, 
the strong, and those who are weak.


Angels adored Him...

...and proclaimed Him singing out to those who had ears to hear,
"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth, 
peace, good will toward men."
(Luke 2:14)
His name is Emmanuel
 which means, "God with us."
 
O come, Thou Day-Spring, come and cheer
Our spirits by Thine advent here
Disperse the gloomy clouds of night
And death's dark shadows put to flight.
Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel
Shall come to thee, O Israel.


10 comments:

  1. Love the creche figures you have. I'm on the lookout to add some unique ones to my collection. My star hung. Dear just needs to run a long extension cord from it to the bottom of the garage so I can plug it in easily every night. As soon as it's lit I'll take a photo and post it.
    Blessings on your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely creche, it is always a good reminder to stop and take time to think about Jesus.
    I have almost the same creche, my grand daughter was here on Friday and my husband was showing her the pieces and she thought every thing was a cow. She even calls the dog a cow. She is only 16 months, it is funny how those things make it seem more special. Seeing it through little baby eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creche Jody. And I forgot to say how much I love your new header photo of the sunset. I love visiting here. I always feel so good when I leave. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favourite Advent songs...and a lovely creche. God bless you as you prepare for the DayStar's coming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing detail on each of those faces. Can't you just imagine whomever made the creche (figures) had a real gift of seeing the wonder?

    Thanks for sharing this. Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely creche. One of my French trainees was telling me about the characters of the Provençal creches, who are 'true to life' for Provence in the middle ages. I like the way that the original carvers realised that the birth of Jesus is real to all of us, where we are now, not just millennia ago in another place. Thanks so much for sharing, and for joining in the Pause in Advent. I've put your blog on my sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello there! I popped over from the Pause link. Your creche is really cute. I've never taken the time to look closely at one before, but I love the way you have pointed them out- how beautiful they are! Tis lovely to 'meet' you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your nativity set! It portrays such a sense of wonder and adoration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Popped over from Floss for Pause in Lent. Your nativity set is lovely and really sets the tone for pausing.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping in. Sorry, but due to spam, only registered users can comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...