Friday, December 03, 2010

The star on the barn...

 Lighting the star on the barn is one of my most favorite parts of the Christmas Season; I think I like it even more than putting up the Christmas tree.  (It's easier)  I had to fasten new lights onto the star frame this year.  YoungestChild and Hazel Peach went with me to help hang it up and plug it in. 

 This is how our star looks from the road in the late afternoon.

This is the very barn where we will  lamb the sheep in just a few months. We also calve some of the cows here in the spring.  I like to think of it as a place similar to the stable where our Lord was born in Bethlehem.  Even though it does not compare to the crudeness of that lowly manger, it is still a barn that is meant for animals, not for the King of Kings.  But God chose a place like this for His Son to come into the world.  Birthed in a barn.   Adored by common shepherds.

This is what our star looks like from the road in the dark of night.  I absolutely love driving home at night and seeing the star appear out of nowhere.  We live way out in the country on a road less-traveled than most, but the light shines in the dark for those few who pass by.  It calls to mind Psalm 139:7, "Where can I go from your Spirit?  Or where can I flee from Your presence?"  Even in the remotest parts of the earth, God is with us.

17 comments:

  1. Yes, it is fabulous! I would love to be driving along a road one night and have that star appear. Wonderful!

    xofrances

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just love your star! I might have to have Dear put one up on our city barn!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's just plain beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks just like it's hanging in the night sky, like a real star :) That's beautiful -- what a blessing to all who drive by your home. I wish I could see it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Jodie -- that's gorgeous! How beautiful it looks in the dark of night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is just beautiful. Love it.

    ~M~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your star is making many more people happy, who can't even drive by to see it for real. I surely do wish I could, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoyed reading about your star Jody.It is a wonderful idea and I can imagine the joy it must give as it constantly reminds one of that moment when God change history. I would love to put up a star on a barn, but the old barns next to us have now been converted into smart homes. The way the star shines in the dark looks so effective. Thank you for this lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just lovely. And an excellent post as well; thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I is so beautiful...Merry Christmas. Diantha

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a simple but very meaningful and beautiful Christmas decoration. I like seeing your landscape, too. Remembering that God is with us no matter where we are has got to be one of the most encouraging things to remember. Love from Texas, Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pure and hopeful. I feel sure the angels like it, too.
    Come over and see Millie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How beautiful -- the star and your loving words.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dee from Tennessee

    LOVE your star on the barn...it was just what I needed tonight to soothe a troubled/worried mind. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping in. Sorry, but due to spam, only registered users can comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...