Saturday, January 16, 2010

A pretty paper sack repurpose...


I am on Cloud Nine since visiting Trader Joe's in AZ.  I know to most of you, TJ's is part of your everyday shopping experience, but we do not have it out in The Boondocks or even in the cities nearby, so when I get a chance to go to Trader Joe's, I feel blessed.  Yes. Blessed.  Why, even the paper sacks that are packed with my treats speak to me.  I just love the graphics that some smart, creative, young mind designed to delight TJ's customers.  So of course, I saved my paper sacks with thoughts of repurposing them somehow.  I needed to write a letter and a thank-you note to our fine hosts, so I fashioned an envelope for my letter and a made a tri-fold-a-note for my thank-you.  I just used clear tape to close them, but if I had had some cute foodie stickers, I would've used those instead.   Amy from Angry Chicken has a very simple envelope tutorial. I just love to listen to her voice as she talks me through a project.

I have half a notion to cut up my other paper sack and frame it for kitchen art!

Treats from Trader Joe's:
Himalayan Pink Salt in Grinder (gifts)
House Spice in Grinder
Mini Ravioli (dried)
Whole Almonds
Sliced Almonds
Sesame-Honey Cashews
Salted Cashews
Dried Mangoes
Marinated Mozzarella
Frying Cheese

I could have chosen so many more things, but alas, I had to think of how to carry it all in the golf bags without being over weight.

10 comments:

  1. Now that's funny packing that stuff in the golf bags...
    When we first moved to Washington from Southern California there were no Trader Joe's there. I was giddy like a little girl when they finally opened the first one there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'VE NEVER HEARD OF THAT STORE BUT IT SOUNDS FUN! IN THE GOLF BAG HUH? I'D HAVE BEEN TEMPTED TO EAT SOME OF THOSE GOODIES ALING THE WAY! LOL come say hi :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute!! Trader Joes ROCKS we got to go there for th first time; there is one in Santa Fe. We are spending a week there in February for Teen Pact and I can't wait just to go to TJ's!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to try Trader Joe's out - we don't have it here. Although I've heard that it is something like Winners.

    Dried mangoes - sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your envelope idea! Thanks for sharing. Makes me wish I had a TJ close to us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am unfamiliar with Trader Joe's.
    Re/ the envelope: I used to make envies from pages in magazines back in the day when I was writing letters to my steady (now, the hubs) while he was in college.
    Of course, back then...the pages were larger and thicker. Made some wonderful looking envelopes!!!
    He liked them...and looked forward to seeing them arrive.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dawn,

    I have sometimes made envelopes out of magazine pages, but like you, I find them to be a bit too flimsy. Calendar pages work nicely since they are heavier and a little bigger. How sweet that you sent your love letters in pretty envelopes. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to visit a Trader Joe's it sounds like my kinda store:-) Such yummy goodies you bought Jody, please share how and when you will use them.
    I like your idea with the recycling in such a creative way. I'm going to try, not that I have such artictic bags to work with, England still needs to get over the "plastic" age.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, thanks! Just what I need to learn how to do for my homemade birthday cards. I really like the way your envelopes turned out, especially the way you can read on the front that they are intended to be recycled ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  10. What's funny is we have a Trader Joes down the road, and I never go. I think I'm afraid that if I go, once inside I will run wild and spend hundreds of dollars on Himalayan Pink Salt and Marinated Mozzarella. It sounds too dang divine!

    frances

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping in. Sorry, but due to spam, only registered users can comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...