Friday, January 29, 2010

Morning and Evening....

 
 
The sky was gorgeous this morning as I looked up after feeding the cows.
 
Tonight's the Full Wolf Moon and astronomers say that the moon will be closer to the earth than any other day of 2010.  Indians named the January full moon "Wolf Moon" due to the harsh winter days of January when  hungry wolves howled outside their villages.  

It was a perfect night for a night walk.  It was calm, clear, quiet and bright.  It was as if God had the perfect night light just for me.  Whenever I see the moon it reminds me of this song.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Jody, you are so true and good. I loved reading about the Wolf Moon. I got up in the night and I noticed the moon so bright. It was shining in my window - my little nightlight, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I can see how lovely a walk would be under that moon. Blessings on your weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic!!! I love evening walks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My youngest is really into astronomy and I appreciate the sky watch post's. I noticed the moon was extra huge and bright last night, but I had on idea about the Wolf moon. Thanks for the information.

    ~M~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I'm new to your blog, I found you by looking for articles on Tasha Tudor. She was one of my favorite authors. Anyway, one thing led to another and here I am. I really enjoyed your blog, beautiful job. I know I will visit often.
    Have a very blessed day.
    Your new friend, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures! I've noticed that moon seemed awfully bright this weekend. Wolf moon. I'll remember that.

    frances

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping in. Sorry, but due to spam, only registered users can comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...