Thursday, March 15, 2018

Firsts...

First Robin pic by JLynn (DIL)


Two days ago Peach and Toodles and their mama sited the First Robin here on the ranch in the trees next to their house.  I put on my boots and went with Peach to see it with my own eyes.  She was anxious to show him to me!  Today I spied the First Meadowlark while I was out feeding sheep.  I didn't have a camera so everyone had to trust my eyes for the report of "First Meadowlark" that was announced on the 2-way radio.  The meadowlark picture is not mine.  My picture would have snow, a little mud, and gray skies mixed in it.  Not as colorful as this pic.

We are expecting another snow this weekend.  Somewhere between 6-8" of snow on top of what we have.  The old snow is sinking slowly as the sun gets a little stronger each day.  Still, we have quite a bit.  There are now about 65 new calvies on the ground so the men have been working to make sure there are good places for them to be during the snow storm.




I've been stitching a little bit here and there.  One embroidery is for a baby's room and the Scottie Dog for a friend of a friend to tuck into a birthday gift.  In case you need a Scottie Dog stuffie of your own, the pattern is here at AllSorts.   It's almost spring!  Can you feel it in the air?  Yet?

6 comments:

  1. Lovely stitching and cute scotty! Yippee for spotting those birds. Hope the cows do well in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm. More snow. Well, what a sweet blessing that the meadowlarks are about! I love the Scottie dog. AND the Ruth hoop!
    I came home from a coffee meeting with a friend and changed from my cotton dress and pants to a wool sweater. It's not spring here either.
    Sending heaps of love your way, Jody!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meadowlarks are one of my favourite birds. We don't have them around here but I grew up hearing them sing their lovely warbly song ( on the prairies).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yes! It's slowly getting here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love knowing you are seeing the spring birds too. I love that scotty dog! I think I might need one too. I love your stitching too. We are getting more rain, it must turn into snow when it gets to you. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen a robin yet :-( Thank you for sharing yours!!

    Spring is coming in rainy days here, thank God!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping in. Sorry, but due to spam, only registered users can comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...