Saturday, November 18, 2017

Nature journal -- Deer...

 I've added new pages to my Fall Nature Journal --
the dear deer.
We have a lot of deer roaming on our ranch, and the harvest is on.
Our hunters are getting some prime hunting here.

As for me, I enjoy capturing deer with my camera
and now I'm using my paint brush.
It's all a learning experience for me and that keeps it fun.

The Christmas (all holiday) Cactus is in full bloom.
It just missed Halloween, but I am sure it will be blooming
full-tilt for the remaining winter and even spring holidays.
I've seen it bloom all the way to Easter,
all in the quiet and humble laundry room where it thrives.

Are you gearing up for Thanksgiving?
I am.
We'll have a nice houseful of guests,  although not the entire tribe this year.
I'm cooking the major stuff and our guests will fill in with their favorite dishes.
It's always nice to see how the dinner rounds out.
I wish you a week of humble and joyful preparation
and a day of true thanks and giving.

12 comments:

  1. What a sweet commercial! I love those heart-warming holiday commercials :)
    I'm wondering if you are the only one still really WORKING on that autumn nature journal?! I've neglected mine lately, with other projects, but I need to get back to it. Your art is really lovely, Jody. You should paint more. Your deer are excellent, and I'm quite envious of your skill with trees. They look "right." I really struggle with the branches!
    My mother kept her Christmas cactus in the laundry room too. I wonder why that works well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the deer art, too! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I think we're going to drive to a neighboring town for a Chinese dinner. ;) I'm very thankful for my sweet family, as I know you are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the deer in the trees. I've been doing a bit in my journal and I will finish those pages soon. I hope.
    How in the world do you keep your Christmas cactus blooming for so long? Mine blooms beautifully for maybe 2 weeks then it's all done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do so love reading Thanksgiving on blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear that you are also enjoying the deer. They always wait until dark to start jousting. I love your paintings. I haven't had any luck with Christmas cactus or African violet in the cabin. At our old house in Lead the thrived. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you have deer. I am sure there are such wonderful food to be made. Have a lovely Thanksgiving.
    Your journal is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your art is beautiful! Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your journal pages! We saw many deer and turkeys while at our son's home. Your celebration sounds just right with people sharing by bringing dishes. A very Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been enjoying your journal art and nature notes. Happy thanksgiving to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooohh! Your deer charm me! Thank you for working on this project and blessing us with the results.

    I love that little commercial. Happy Thanksgiving to your whole family, Jody! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving weekend. I always enjoy it when you share pages from your journal, you have such a talent. And I also enjoyed the Publix commercial - reminded me of holidays we've had, especially the one when the lights went out :-)
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was a sweet commercial! Hope your Thanksgiving was lovely! And thanks for sharing your journal. I've been playing with watercolors too. I really enjoy it. Guess what?? We're getting sheep!! It made me think of you :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping in. Sorry, but due to spam, only registered users can comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...