Friday, November 20, 2015

Hidden...





Hidden. 
 In trees, in the grass, in my bird feeder.

Two little crab apples 
hanging in the forgotten tree in The Woods.

The Great Horned Owl.  
I see him when I have a phone camera and not my big camera
so my photo is not as crisp and clear as I'd like.
I'll keep trying!

A Jackrabbit 
(among many) lying still in the grass.
He thinks I don't see him.

I'm not sure I've ever seen one here on the ranch.
I went to add some sunflower seed to the feeder and there he was.
Looking at me,  not moving, just waiting
for seeds.
The book says they follow the seeds no matter the weather.
It snowed a little today and it was cold, but the Pine Siskin was here!
Check out this article on their migration to the lower 48.
The Red Polls are Coming, The Red Polls are Coming, and Siskins Too!
...............................................

Nature is often hidden, sometimes overcome, seldom extinguished.
~Francis Bacon


7 comments:

  1. We crack up around here about the wild rabbits that stay real still thinking we don't see them if they do that. Or at least we think that's what they are thinking.
    We have had a cold snap here with snow in the higher elevations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great nature photos. I like the jackrabbit hiding in the grass. We had our first snowfall of the season here in South Yorkshire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The owl is awesome! It took me a while to see him/her. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that picture of that owl. I think itis amazing you got that shot. So are your other hidden pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't the camouflage of nature amazing? You're so lucky you can see owls so readily - I know they must be "out there" but I just never see them. We had our first snow this past weekend and I thought of you when I saw all the little animal tracks. Animals that I know are around but rarely see, but the snow gives them away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, for an owl! How wonderful! I hope you are staying quite cozy inside and that you are bundled up when you venture out, J!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping in. Sorry, but due to spam, only registered users can comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...