Thursday, November 19, 2015

Emmy's Wing-It Quilt...

 (lots of gray November days make my photos a wee bit dull)

Emmy's Wing-It Quilt is here!
(I feel like I just birthed something.)

Hubs bought me a new sewing machine,
the first new one in 30+ years since my Viking.
It's a Bernina.
It's wonderful. 
And I'm having fun learning and exploring all it can do.

Our newest grandbaby was born in September and as is my tradition, I wanted to make a quilt to celebrate her birth.  Her mommy asked if I could make this particular quilt pattern "Interwoven"
 in Moda's *Just Wing It* fabrics.
Finding the Just Wing It was a little tricky since it is now OOP, but there were a few Etsy sellers that still had charm packs and yardage left for me. 

I didn't bind this quilt in the traditional manner.
Instead I made a quilt with no binding according to this tutorial. 
I like the clean, modern look of it.

I did some free-motion machine quilting in loop-d-loops.  
I have done a very little free-motion quilting, and I am still a novice at it.
But I figure if I don't try, I won't get better.
Emmy won't mind my imperfection.

6 comments:

  1. That's very cool! Yippee for your new sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice you got a new machine!!! I think that quilt is lovely. I am almost three behind.
    I love that pattern. I just need to quit hooking and do some quilting. :) I love the backing too. That is so awesome.
    I love the sky in your November day. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family.
    We leave early in the morning, every time my daughter texts, I panic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Yipppee, my girl. I love my Bernina!!!! (even though I was initially reluctant to get a new sewing machine 10 years ago). That thing is a powerhouse and has never let me down!
    The quilt is lovely and will be treasured, I have no doubt.

    So happy for Winging It!

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful Jody! I love the fun, happy colors in the prints. I was so excited when my 79-year old Aunt and lifetime Bernina user bought a new Viking last month, but now you've switched the other way. Life balances out. For every yin there's a yang. For every Viking there are a million Berninas LOL.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping in. Sorry, but due to spam, only registered users can comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...