Monday, August 05, 2013

Napkin trick...

This summer I've been having fun doing a napkin trick at my kitchen sink window.  I bought a package of varicolored napkins at Target a while ago -- two napkins of each color.  Every so often I change them out.   I love the look of cafe curtain rings and cheery colors right where I do my daily kitchen chores. 

I did the turquoise napkin trick first of all and then followed it up with yellow napkins (currently in the laundry), and now I'm sporting the 1970s orange look.  One thing I do that makes the napkins look more "curtainy" is to press them into quarters.  Then when they hang, they look crisp and neat and more like a curtain.  I first saw the brilliant idea at Flower Patch Farmgirl here.   I'm keeping an eye out for pretty napkins, and I'm thinking about making a few both to use and to hang at the window.  Do you use cloth napkins at home?  I especially like them, but paper napkins are sure handy, aren't they?

12 comments:

  1. This is a great idea. What a nice way to change out your curtains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you showed this. This is sewing...I mean clipping that I could actually manage. I love cloth napkins and have a hard time resisting buying more when I see nice ones at Goodwill...
    Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...what a great idea...they look so nice!
    I would have never thought to do something like
    that....and so easy too!
    thanks for sharing it......
    Corinne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! I love the clip things that make this possible.
    I moved stuff around today. I love the "after" feeling when we make a wee change.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is clever! I love how the way you ironed them makes them look even more curtain-like....fab! love, Tina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, Jody! And I must go pin it also :) Cafe curtains are darling, and I'm thinking to myself: "I have a nice rod. I have the little rings. I have napkins." Alas, I do not have a window in my kitchen - haha!! But if I ever do, your curtain idea will be implemented! It looks great. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I want a window that cute idea will work on. I don't think I have one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! Finished reading your post and immediately started looking at my windows to see where I might be able to do this too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are all so encouraging. Thanks for the curtain/napkin love. I hope you'll try it. It's such a quick and easy change.

    ReplyDelete
  10. On special occasions such as family gatherings I use cloth napkins as I was given some lovely napkin rings. Otherwise kitchen paper towels are in daily use as napkins. I like your idea of using large napkins as cafe-style curtains at your pretty kitchen windows.

    ReplyDelete
  11. that's a cute trick...love it! love those orange napkins, orange is my favorite color.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun idea Jody! So easy to give your kitchen a fresh, new look!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping in. Sorry, but due to spam, only registered users can comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...