Coconut Oil Deodorant
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder (or cornstarch)
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil
- 10 drops lavender essential oil (opt. fragrance)
- 3-4 drops patchouli essential oil (opt. fragrance)
- In a medium bowl sift arrowroot and baking soda. Add coconut oil and essential oils.
- Using a fork, combine well (as if you were cutting butter into flour).
- Next, using the back of a large serving spoon, press the mixture together to work it into a smooth paste.
- Pack mixture into a glass jelly jar (1/2 cup) and it's ready to use. Store at room temperature as you would any deodorant.
Scoop a small amount onto your fingertip and apply to underarms. Your body heat will almost instantly melt it and you can easily rub it in.
Note: For people who like an "invisible" deodorant, this may not be the one. The baking soda and arrowroot may leave a bit of white under your arm, I don't find it to be much at all, or a big deal.
~Recipe from Beauty That Moves
Update: I made some of this deodorant recipe for my daughter and she's having a red bumpy rash reaction. I think it is the baking soda so I am going to make some without the soda and decrease the coconut oil by half. We'll see what that does.