Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Cones, paint and glitter...




It really takes very little to satisfy me...just a few pine cones, some paint and glitter will do the trick.  My son-in-love, Hubs, and I gathered a few pine cones from the forest on our Christmas tree cutting trip this past weekend.  It took a little doing, digging beneath the snow for them, but we came out victorious.  The cones weren't the prettiest, but I fixed that by painting the tips with white paint and then sprinkled on some clear glitter whilst they were still wet.  I scattered a few cones here and there in the house and then decided to make a simple garland with them using a hunk of twine.  I unraveled a long piece of twine and snipped it to the length I thought I wanted (and then some extra for tying).  I simply wove the twine in between the bracts of the cone and tied them on, lining them up next to each other.  I was going to use ribbon and do something like this, but decided I'd keep it simple and rustic.  I'm happy.

8 comments:

  1. I like it! I think garlands of all sorts are beautiful - maybe it's the way they hint of abundance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SIMPLE AND RUSTIC I LOVE! I HAVE ALWAYS HAD THEN ON MY CHRISTMAS TREE WITH BOWS..AND I ALWAYS HAVE THEM AROUND IN MY HOUSE...LITTLE WORKS OF ART AND THEY SMELL SO GOOD TOO!Come say hi :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way it looks...and I may have to make one after Christmas...what a great winter decoration! Dianntha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jody! I LOVE the idea of painting them white and adding glitter -- they're beautiful! We have some pinecones from our trees, but they're not the pretty kind. They're long and skinny and don't open up. Now I need to go hunt some down - I love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pine cones. I think they are the ultimate Christmas decoration.I have them hanging on my tree.

    ~M~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your simple and rustic idea much better than ribbon! I think I may even do this for myself today. I hope I have a bag of pine cones in the basement still although I might have done away with them in one of my purging sprees.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love pine cones and a blessed to live on a property with at lest 5 differnt kinds. They are sooo simple and beautiful. I love your gardland xoxox Clarice

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are just so busy making nice things this Christmas! I'm in awe, really, of your warm productivity.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping in. Sorry, but due to spam, only registered users can comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...